Monday, August 9, 2010

My Day with Rebecca

My ever so precious niece and I spent the morning together on Friday, August 6, 2010.  I took her to a local nail salon, Mimi's, to get a mini-pedicure, well, it turns out that she got a mini-pedi AND her nails done. All I can really say about children is that they are a 'hoot' to be around.  They take things at face value, they are so very honest and they think that growing up is really cool!  We had a blast, I spent the majority of my time laughing because I just love all the little stories she told me and I love hearing her answers to questions I might ask.  At one point in the day she said "I don't know what I want to be when I grow up" and I said "maybe you'll be a nurse just like your mommy" and she said "or maybe I'll work at Kroger".  Oh the innocence of a child!  After the mini-ped and nail makeover we met Thad for lunch at our local mexican restaurant where I learned that Rebecca LOVES salsa!  Not necessarily the tomatoes but the 'juice' of the salsa :)  I look forward to creating many more memories with that little sweetheart!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment