I don't blog a lot, can't say I really even enjoy it, however, it has been a nice place for me to jot down special times and since I got to spend a couple of hours with 3 of my favorite girls last night I thought I'd take the time to write about those two 'special' hours.
When the year started we committed to meeting once per month - didn't seem like much - not a huge committment - but life does have a way of getting in the way and unless you push life aside for a moment and take time for those 'special' moments, well, lets just say life can pass you by in a hurry. After a rough start, a busy summer and iffy fall we are back on track :)
Destination: Chili's in Richmond
This is where the fun begins for the three or four of us. For me the fun begins the minute my mom pulls into my driveway, I get her for about 1/2 hour all to myself on the drive to Richmond - I cherish our alone time, just that small 1/2 hour gives us a chance to catch up and refuel.
Anyhow, for three adults who love to eat, eating becomes the last thing on our minds--we are always so excited to share our crafts and we're even more excited to see what the others have brought - I said last night it's like Christmas every month!
Mom brought a scrumptious Pineapple Angel Food Cake, it was a big hit, an even bigger hit once my hubs got to try it and my co-workers were equally as anxious to try out the recipe! Mom made Rebecca her very own Christmas pillow case and a cap to keep her warm at night, a night cap that matches her American Doll!
Sis brought us hot chocolate 3 different ways (it was really four but don't tell her I said so). She always does the nicest job packaging things up to look so wonderful and appetizing. Seriously, she could convince you that a paper bag would taste good with all her little labels, ribbons, embellishments and stuff. I truly admire her creativity -- I'm so glad I am the lucky recipient!!!!
Rebecca made us each 4 very adorable blank Thank You cards. She took the time to stamp each one individually with different borders and different fonts, she is her mother's daughter. I hope that by spending time with us, knowing and seeing and experiencing how much we enjoy crafting (in any form) she'll carry on that tradition with her own children some day.
I took the girls interchangable frames. My thought process was simple, mom is scaling back on decorating, sis doesn't have the room to overdo decorating so I thought, a simple frame that holds three nails would be perfect to display little bits of each holiday. I provided them with two backgrounds (one burlap and one muslin) along with ornaments for Fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas. And for my favorite niece, a purse notepad with pen - she seemed to enjoy it!
So here's the yearly run down:
February 2011 - Mom (pot holders), Sis (coconut cloud cream), Me (magnetic book marks & matchbook notepads)
March 2011 - Mom (Mini loaves of poppy seed bread), Sis (Glimmermist), Me (fruit salsa & homeade cinnamon chips)
April 2011 - Mom (covered hangers), Sis (repurposed pillow cases into bags), Me (flower vase magnet made with water vials)
October 2011 - Mom (homeade gift tags), Sis (welcome sign), Me (homeade christmas ornaments)
November 2011 - Mom (pineapple angel food cake for bigs, pillow case and cap for little), Sis (hot chocolate 3 ways), Me (interchangeable frames for bigs, notepad purse for little), Rebecca (thank you cards)
=P this is me sticking my tongue out at you. It was hot chocolate "PACKAGED" 3 ways. You said such nice things about me. thanks! I love my frame!! and Rebecca has been carrying around her notebook!
ReplyDeleteoh and I ate about 1/4th of my cake today. It is SO So good!
ReplyDelete