Monday, April 19, 2010

Kick It For Kath!!!! Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

This was my first experience being a part of such a big event, 41,000 + participants.....truly a sea of people!  I guess I should say a sea of hormones and estrogen, although, there were many men who also supported the cause.  I don't know how to describe the atmosphere, it's like nothing I've ever been involved in or felt.  You would be walking and come upon someone wearing a "I'm a survivor" tee shirt and you'd feel inspiration and hope, and then you'd come upon someone was wearing a tee shirt that said "In memory of" and you'd feel loss and despair and then I'd look into the face of my friend Kathy who is currently battling cancer and I'd feel very humbled and very lucky to be in her presence.  Kathy has always been a fighter and now facing the biggest battle of her life she remains strong with the most amazing attitude.  This post is dedicated to my dear friend Kathy, I love you!!!!  Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Saturday, April 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment