Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bedtime Prayer

I've been working on a special bedtime prayer for a friend.  Unfortunately, it's not turning out the way I had hoped.  I tried using spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the wood and let's just say when you're doing a print of any size it takes a least three people or 6 hands to make this work - failure!  So I tried using modge-podge but I couldn't get or stay ahead of the wrinkles - failure.  On the up side I did tea stain for the first time and I got the results I had hoped for.  The print you see below is an 11" x 16", I had hoped to be able to make a 24" x 36" but there's no way this girl is up for that. Sometimes you've just got to leave it to the professionals.
I did learn that Staples will blow up any print for you and it costs very little.  The 24" x 36" prints were only $1.98 each, I thought that was very reasonable. I might try cutting out vinyl letters, I'm a little nervous about the whole placing and spacing thing but I think I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment