This is the underneath side of my table, it is a 6' table with a 2" lip or apron as some call it. I'm laying on the floor taking a picture of the edge of the table to demonstrate the lip.
So as you start to put this on the table don't be afraid to pull it apart a bit, it won't break, I promise.
I'm under the table again just to demonstrate where you start the clip but when installing I want you to stand in front of the table putting the curved end of the clip on the underneath side of the lip or apron, there is a little bit of a ledge on the underneath side of the table, you won't think it's enough for the clip to grab onto but it is. There you have it. All these years I never knew how to properly install these clips, I was quite sure they wouldn't fit a table but I guess we're never to old to learn new things.
I hope this demo was helpful to you!
A couple of things I have learned: I have affixed banners, tulle, flowers, etc with these clips and they always hold. Most recently I used a plastic tablecloth and those things slide all over the place so I took two clips and secured the tablecloth on the backside of the table and then I used two more clips on the front to secure the table cloth AND THEN I secured my banner under the clips I used on the front side of the table. Everything stayed in place and the plastic tablecloth never moved, even with 20 or kids rubbing against it and bumping into it as they took goodies from the table.
Happy decorating!



No comments:
Post a Comment